Friday, March 1, 2013

carrot cake


Dudes,
Let us sit down for a moment and talk about totally important unimportant stuff.
NYMD recently turned one year!
My little girl is growing up so quickly.


Today, exactly one year ago I posted this post in wich I challenged myself to go about and have one crazy year.
 I wanted to run through a list of 24 tasks before I turned 24 years old.

I haven’t given you an update on my list because well… I’ve turned 24 and well, yeah... I’m no where near done with my list.

So let's just go with it and call this a list in progress; 
a list of things which lead us to a better life; 
a life with more cartwheels, more books and way more fancy dinners.


what would you add to the list to make our life fuller, richer and wittier?


A never ending list of stuff we all should start doing!

* try one exotic meal I can't pronounce
my prenounciation of pizza zucca made the waiter laugh out loud,
yaourtopitta,
a ton of indian curries that I'm just ordering by the number [for me number 46, please]
 and let's be honest... I'm not even sure how to pronounce zucchini.

* spend two internet-less weekends
I've been to Berlin and Paris, both in weekends. It was awesome.

* read three books recommended by friends {let me hear y'all}
Working on it...

* do 4 cartwheels in a row {but first; learn how-to}
Work in progress

* bake a five layer-cake that doesn't collapse
Two done. Three more to go.

* live six days completely vegan
Work in progress

* host a fancy dinner for seven unknown people
Work in progress

* buy eight people a coffee, just because
Patience, my friends...

* visit 9 countries
France, Germany, Hungary, Poland...

* memorize ten poems to whisper in someone’s ear
Work in progress

* host a movie marathon {eleven movies; fo real}
I need some volunteers. And some movies.

* enjoy a 12 hour nap
Done. Easy.

* drink 13 different kinds of beer 
Done! Awesome!

* leave fourteen pennies for people to find
Done!

* give cookies to fifteen people
Work in progress.

* compliment sixteen complete strangers
Absolutely loved this one!

* be able to jog for 17 minutes without a pause 
I own you, coupure!

* fold 18 paper cranes; write a little message on them and leave them behind at random spots.
Work in progress

* donate 19 euro {or more} to a good cause
unless getting drunk for no reason is a good cause, I'm not really sure I did.

* survive a week {five days} with only twenty euro cash
next week! the game is on!

* share a glass{/bottle?} of wine with a 21-year old
Anyone in for a good glass of chardonay?

* host a party for 22 friends
Done, more than twice.

* listen to an album from every year since I was born {so 23 albums in total}
Work in progress

* mail 24 handwritten letters
Work in progress


And now... let's talk about the serious stuff: carrot cake.
It's ok to pretend it's as healthy as it sounds.


Carrot cake muffins/ mini bundts
16 big ones
adapted from 101woonideeën

cakes:
3 eggs
2,5 dl olive oil
100 g caster sugar
150 g dark brown sugar
2 t vanilla sugar
2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
325 g all purpose flour
2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
400 g grated carrots
2 medium grated peeled apples
{optional} 100 g roughly chopped walnuts and/ or other nuts you prefer
{optional} 70 g raisings

topping:
200 g butter, room temperature
400 g cream cheese, softened 
500 g confectioners’ sugar
juice of 1/4 lemon


Cakes
one: preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F 
two: whisk sugar and oil in large bowl until well blended. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time.
three: whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl to blend. Add wet mixture and stir until blended.
four: stir in the grated carrots, apples, walnuts and raisins, if using them. 
five: divide batter among cupcake molds, filling 3/4 of each.
six: bake cupcakes 14 to 18 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for five minutes or so, then transfer cakes to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before icing them.

Topping:
one: in a stand mixer beat all the ingredients on medium until fluffy. Chill the frosting for 10 to 20 minutes, until it has set up enough to spread smoothly. 
two: add some extra nuts and raisins to please the crowd.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Eva,

It was fun to read your post. I laughed a lot. I wanted to tell you that i want to be part of your movie marathon. What about Twilight? I know you want it!

Kind regards,

Anonymous

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

(c) Notyourmamasdinner