Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ricotta, fig and prosciutto toast | The compromis


As you may have guessed I have a serious soft spot for everything sweet.
If it was up to me, I'ld have dessert for breakfast, lunch and dinner! 


As a matter of fact, I do live alone and things actually ARE up to me!
Nice!
{dear sixteen-year-old me; growing up is way cooler than you'ld ever imagine}



Mr Boyfriend says: 'pie isn't lunch'.
Crazy, right?! 
There's a lot of stuff he doesn't know.
{he also doesn't grasp the meaning of the word meta but uses it in every sentence, he doesn't know how to cook pasta and used to think basmati is an island... but that's about all.}
To please the dude I try to compromise.



Ooh, dear!
This open faced sandwich is the ultimate and most heavenly kind of compromis I've ever tasted.
Sweet, salty, light, delicate...
If you're ever having a fight with your boyfriend/ husband/ lover; this sandwich might be your answer...

Ricotta, fig and prosquitto toast
makes 1 toast


1 slice of your favorite bread {I chose a multigrain bread, but if you prefer white it'll do the trick}
1 T olive oil
75 g ricotta
1 dried fig
1/2 thin slice of prosciutto
1 t pine nuts
1 t honey
pepper {lots and lots of - }
extra: a handful of ruccola and 3 pitted cherries


one: brush the bread with olive oil and cook on a grilling pan.
two: spread the slice with ricotta.
three: tear the fig and prosciutto in messy/rustic/pretty pieces apart.
four: drizzle with honey and season to taste {don't be too shy on the pepper}
for the salad: mix the ruccola and pited cherries with a drizzle of olive oil; season.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

(c) Notyourmamasdinner