Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mind-blowing candied carrots




I like good food.
I guess that's not a secret.

Since I've started cooking I learned that
sometimes the best stuff contains lots and lots of butter,
sometimes the most delicious things are made out of snickers and brownies and
sometimes really good food needs planning, waiting and sweating...

Obviously it came as a total shock to me when I tasted 
these five-minutes-better-than-candy-healthy-carrots.
These colorful, bright, incredible sweet and tasty carrots are a total mind-blower, without any effort.




Candied carrots
adapted, barely, from Susie Cover


500 g slender or baby carrots, peeled and trimmed {1 pound}
1 tablespoon mild olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

one: heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. 
two: add the carrots and bake, shaking the pan often to ensure they cook evenly. The carrots should be somewhat softened but not yet completely tender, this should take about five minutes.
three: drizzle the carrots with honey and toss to coat. Continue to cook until just tender, this could take up to two minutes or a bit more, depending on the size.
four: season the carrots and sprinke in the sesame seeds. 
five: transfer the pretty carrots to a plate and enjoy!





carrots for your tummy, music for your ears: The Album Leaf - Within dreams


5 comments:

MyFudo™ said...

5 easy steps and you have a real nice appetizer to go with steak, fish or meat dishes. Thanks for sharing. Love to try this real soon!

Eva {not your mama's dinner} said...

Thank you, MyFudo! Hope you'll like it as much as I do.

sally @ sallys baking addiction said...

Eva! I'm sorta kinda obsessed with carrots. I eat them everyday. I need to try this... honey makes everything better.

Eva {not your mama's dinner} said...

Dude, honey and butter DO have like this magical spell... If you like carrots even the tiniest bit; this one can't go wrong, girl!

Alana Sterling said...

I just made this the over night and it was fantastic! I liked the addition of sesame seeds.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

(c) Notyourmamasdinner